android chinese radio with canbus decoder

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

scooby111
B2
Passat model: B6

android chinese radio with canbus decoder

Post by scooby111 »

Basically i bought a android 4.4.4 head unit from china .The seller originally told me i didn't need the canbus decoder which was extra£ .When the unit arrived there was no wiring instructions for the specific car apart from the diagram on the unit itself but no info on where to tap wires i.e reverse trigger,illumination etc .I tried to contacting the seller to get some infomation/support from him but he didn't help or couldn't!? :-?

Anyway i wired the unit to an acc feed ,then i ordered the decoder to make like easy(or so i thought) and also have full communication with the car.

When the canbus decoder finally arrived i disconnected the acc manual feed and installed the decoder.
The problem was the unit wasn't powering up or down with the key and even by manually pressing the units on/off button there was still power going to the unit like a standby mode .
I thought this would be due to my canbus gateway so installed a 3C0 907 530 E which should be ok and the date on it was later than most(07/12/07). This changed nothing the canbus decoder was communicating with car i.e reverse trigger,doors (although it thought driver door was the passenger's) :evil:

i have to say its a really good head unit and i'm very happy with it but is better with the decoder

So my problem is the unit is not starting up and shutting down with the canbus decoder!
If anyone has any ideas i'd be interested :-?

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login