Avoid Carly Diagnostics At All Costs

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

iain67
B5.5
Passat model: B5.5 4mo + T5

Avoid Carly Diagnostics At All Costs

Post by iain67 »

Been a while since I posted on here, mainly because I don't have a Passat anymore, still in the dub club with a Bora and Transporter though, so I did want to warn folks here of my experience with Carly.

Ok so this time last year I decided on getting the carly app for my phone, seemed like a good thing to have in the van, I have used it quite a few times and whilst it doesn't have the functionality of VCDS it is cheaper or so I thought.

Ping goes my email today to tell me that Carly will be taking 155.89 euros from my bank, say wtf is this? So it's not a lifetime thing it's an annual subscription, to be honest they hide it very well on thier website so for 2 years worth of Carly you might as well invest in VCDS. Be warned thats all.

As an update Carly won't refund my money despite me complaining bitterly to them, so now I have a negative paypal balance, this is because I stopped my bank from paying them a day before the payment was due to go out, paypal paid Carly (so Carly got paid anyway) and now I have a negative paypal balance, didn't think that was possible as I didn't think they offered an overdraft facility. TBH I am pretty peeved by the whole thing, I think Carly is a bit of a con if you don't read all the T&C's then you are screwed.

4 Motion 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Upper Brace, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes, 312mm Front Brakes
Fwd Sport 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Eibach Pro Springs, Upper and Lower Braces, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes Gone But Not Forgotten.........

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login