Do not buy from Handtec GPSK Ltd

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

Do not buy from Handtec GPSK Ltd

Post by Gazwould »

http://www.handtec.co.uk

I purchased an official Samsung phone case from these muppets and after a few months reported a fault to them. The fault is when handled the case pops in an area on the back and took a video .

So goods aren't of a satisfactory quality .

Sent it back using their £2.99 prepaid lable.

They found it not faulty , eh !

I sent the video I had taken showing clearly it's faulty , they weren't interested and didn't even comment on it .

I contacted Samsung UK and they weren't interested either and didn't want me to forward the video .

I wanted a replacement but they and their suppliers have no stock , the item has become quite rare now, not even Samsung UK have them and elsewhere they're £20 more .

They wanted to refund me minus £10 for the time I had it , I complained and they then adjusted it to minus £1.99 original postage plus £2.99 their returns postage .

I then found out through Consumer Advice Service and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that you shouldn't incur a loss when returning faulty goods. So they then offered a full refund , but I don't want a refund .

They made it quite clear they were going to resell it !

I sent a video of the original Samsung phone backing attached that has the identical fixings that doesn't pop, again not interested .

Up to 6 months it is for the retailer to prove it isn't faulty , they have not done that .
After 6 months it is for the consumer to prove it is faulty .

They just kept repeating the offer of a full refund , or receive the faulty case back .

Now as a consumer you have choices as long as they are viable so you can keep a faulty product and receive a part refund with consequential losses , they weren't interested so a signed for letter of complaint was sent this is a precursor to ADR - Alternative Dispute Resolution which is where an independent body mutually resolves a dispute .

Unfortunately Handtec don't belong to a trade association that has ADR , and if they did and to remain a member of a body they have to comply with ADR .

For instance

has ADR and it's performed by Trading Standards themselves , but only if they belong.

If you go elsewhere for ADR a company may not comply and the only option is court .

It ended up with them so wrongly issuing myself a two choice ultimatum .

Either receive it back or they will automatically refund within 48 hrs so no chance to initiate , I doubt they would comply though .

Under duress I got it back and sent them 2 more videos etc proving fault , no interest and don't even respond to emails .

After 20+ emails , 4 videos and a recorded delivery letter , John and
Sal Smith are named and shamed of Handtec Customer Care and Consumer Advice Service have forwarded to Trading Standards for the broken Consumer Laws.

The moral of the story is let a company that is a member of a trade association that has ADR influence your buying decisions .

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

I'd give her some 'trivago'

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login