Insurance renewal - help.

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Parkodrive
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Insurance renewal - help.

Post by Parkodrive »

Not sure which sub this should be under so here I am.

My insurance is up for renewal in a few weeks time and Admiral want a daft amount of money (£1500) which I obviously refused.
I've had a quote from Octagon for ~£900 which is the cheapest I've found so far. However, I've seen a startling number of poor reviews saying that Octagon have been cancelling policies under the guise of ncb docs not being sent in and then charging people for the cancellation of the policy. They only get notified of this via a letter that is dated as being sent the same day as the policy is cancelled putting folk at risk of driving with no insurance and not being aware of this fact.

I had a look on pistonheads and a few people have said they never had an issue with Octagon. Has anyone on here had any dealings with Octagon? How would you rate them?

It may be worth noting that the other lowest quotes I got were around the £1000/year mark with companies like Swiftcover, Hastings Direct, etc.

I'm 26 with a '98 Passat 1.8 se, so if anyone has any recommendations for a decent provider that won't break the bank I would be grateful.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
2003 B5.5 PD130 Wagon

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login