Smashed my phone screen.. Advice please.

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dub Drummer
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6 Sport 170 BMR

Smashed my phone screen.. Advice please.

Post by Dub Drummer »

I'm an idiot!

After driving through Europe on Sunday at crazy speeds due to me being an idiot and not changing the clock in my nav to +1, we were going to miss the boat. We managed to claw back 45 mins over 190 miles... Cruising at 100 with bursts over 120 (somebody was bursting over 140) :D

Anyway... Like a muppet, I left my phone on the roof of the car while tethering my iPad to look at the maps... Drove away and after a thunk from above my head I looked in the mirror to see my phone bouncing down the road.

It still kinda works.. But the screen is really badly smashed and the casing is mashed on one corner.

My question is... Do I pay..

£100 excess on my insurance
£130 genuine apple repair done in store by 'genius'
£40/50 dodgy back street repair

Or I suppose one other option would be...

Get a new phone

It's an iPhone 4S.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!
So far...
Remapped by CCCtech - 210bhp/450nm - DPF Deleted - AP Coils - 19" S8's - Stainless tail pipes - Hi Def Skirts - R line splitter - R36 spoiler - 2011 B7 full black sports leather - 2010 MFSW - B7 DSG Gear Knob - Retro OEM Cruise Control - Alpine INE 900 touch screen - Focal K2 165KR's Front- JL TR's Rear - "old school" Rockford Fosgate Punch 45.2 - JL W3 12 - JL XD600/1 - JL HD RLC

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login