UK shows? (yay or nay)

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dakota
B2

UK shows? (yay or nay)

Post by Dakota »

Is it just me or do any of you guys notice that your going to less and less UK shows?

A couple of years ago I used to go to maybe 6-8 shows a year as well as local meets, now I only go to about 2-3 shows a year and don`t really bother with local stuff..

I went to UD, E38 and Leeds Festival last year. UD was awesome, E38 was exactly the same as every year (okay) and LVWF was awful. The show N shine was a shambles, all makes and marques thrown in together
This year I`ve been to UD so far which again was really good, helps being inside. I`m possibly going to DC 09 in June but it depends what the forums are saying. Other than that I`m planning on going to VanFest in Malvern Aug/Sept time because I want to see what an air cooled show is like and I hear thats a huge one

Years ago I religiously went to Inters and GTi Festival but now I would`nt go if I was paid, Inters is shocking. Maybe its because I can still remember when it was at the TRL, nothing will beat that place. Making ppl pay to go in the show N shine is low. I don`t know why I`m going to less shows each year for certain but I think a huge part of it is that there are SO many shows/clubs now, we barely have enough cars to go to them all. When I do go I see the same old stuff. Also, when you take the cost of fuel and entrance fees you have to ask yourself is it worth it? I have my own place now and money is tight

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login