Looking to buy and need advice.

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Newtothismodel

Looking to buy and need advice.

Post by Newtothismodel »

Hi There,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for advice on a potential purchase of 1 of 2 Passats B6 models
According to the pictures on you forum.

Car 1:

Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI S DSG 4dr FULL SERVICE HISTORY £3295

Year/Reg:2006 (06)
Mileage:94,000
Engine size:2.0L
Fuel type:Diese
lGearbox:Automatic
Body style:Saloon
Colour:Silver

Drives Well, Good Condition, Next MOT due 02/08/2016, Last serviced at 94,000 miles, Full service history, Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels (16in), Computer (Driver Information System), Electric Windows (Front), In Car Entertainment (Radio/CD), Airbags, Electric windows, Radio, Power steering, Immobilizer, Remote central locking, Central locking, Parking aid, CD Player. 5 seats, Metallic SILVER

Car 2:

Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI DPF SE 5dr FULL SERVICE HISTORY

Year/Reg:2007 (57)
Mileage:163,000
Engine size:2.0
Fuel type:Diesel
Gearbox:Manual
Body style:Estate
Colour:Blue

Drives Well, Cam belt & Water pump Replaced at 163,000 miles, Great Value, Next MOT due 09/02/2016, Last serviced at 163,000 miles, Full service history, Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels (16in), Computer (Driver Information System), Electric Windows (Front/Rear), Seats Electric (Driver), Airbags, Immobilizer, Folding rear seats, Central locking, Power steering, Remote central locking, Radio, CD Player. 5 seats, Metallic BLUE

The service history for the estate up to 100,000 miles main VW dealer, 100,000 to 163,000 local garage but book fully stamped and the place where the car is for sale has just had all the belts and water pump done.

I am very tempted to buy the estate but I do 350 miles a week commuting to work.

I am looking for sensible advise please and a opinion of what car you would buy.

Thanks for the advice.

Ed

This topic has 63 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login