Bloody immobiliser!!

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lewiswilkinson
B2

Bloody immobiliser!!

Post by lewiswilkinson »

Walked out to the passat after uni, blibbed my blibber thing to unlock le passat and nothing happened. The light came on on the blibber but *nothing* from the car. Thought - meh, i'll just use the key, used the key, opened the door and all hell breaks loose. Headlights and hazards flashing, the most godawful screaling (screaming/squealing) from the car. Ugh. Close the door and after a about 15 seconds it stops. Try the blibber again. Nothing.
Repeat above 5-6 times.

Thought -hmm, i could get into it and drive it back to the flat like that, and sort it out later. Nopey. In my manual for the alarm/immob it tells me that it cuts the fuel pump and the starter, and that every wire is black sopotential thieves dont know which ones to cut..

I dont know what to dooo.. I'm back in uni but i need to get home! May have to phone AA to tow me home and the sort out from there - although good luck getting that on a low loader...
:(

2 Hours passed...

well, £3.99 and a battery later, still no go.

Phoned AA to get a recovery truck and told them it was ridiculously low and parked in between to cars..

30mins later and the bloke turns up in his low loader. We manouvre it out of the parking space human power and winch it up the lowloader. Its designed for race cars *cool* so mine didnt scrape *happy*

Got back, pulled the rubber case off the alarm and noticed a wierd key shape (not dissimilar to that of a stoplock/steering lock) and rmembered seeing a key like this in my owners wallet thing.

Presto.

It runs, allthough i have had to turn of the alarm, immobiliser and remote locking for this. Just wait for someone to nick it now.. (still use my stoplock though.)
'Anyway, everyone knows Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for wankers.'