BREAKING DOWN join the RAC/AA/etc

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

woodlehouse
B2

BREAKING DOWN join the RAC/AA/etc

Post by woodlehouse »

hi folks

well saturday morn just gone what a nightmare

left the house @ 420am picked my mate up haad a cupppa and off we went
going to kettering to collect a car to break and trade t-leafs tan leather for an electric recaro interior

anyway arrived at the rondezvous point traded interiors & carried on 2 miles later @ 8am clatter rattle bang stop .............the passat cuts out , so we pulled over on teh verge of the A14 (9.9 miles from our destination) large amounts of smoke comming from under teh bonnet

wouldnt crank sounds very ill ...............call rac out glad as *no swearing* as only had 2 weeks left on my anual membership

patrolman arrives within 30 mins & basicaly say the engine has let go & is seized , he or we couldnt turn it by hand , cause teh A14 is a busy duel carrage way he tows us off 5 mile up to the local services on his fixed straight bar & originises a recovery truck whic arrives about 45 miins later & takes us up to tibself services on the m1 where we where swapped on to another firms truck for the remainder of the recovery back to boro ~(link recovery so they can go further without tachos etc )

anyway we gats back into boro about 430pm ish

total saving on the recovey becuase i had a membership is £550.00 + vat which is what it would have cost me had i not been covered

seriously let this be a warning to any member who is going long journeys pay the £94 per year fee ( monthly direct debits @ £9.94 x 10 ) as teh unexpected happens

you gotta laught these things off as **** happens .............although if i hadnt had any rac cover id have set the twatting car on fire & claimed on the insurance

a pic to laugh at

i should have it back on the road next week hopfully as i bought the white passat td off clarky1961 for the engine

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login