Passat BiTDi 240bhp high mileage report

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Micky 32
B2
Passat model: B7

Passat BiTDi 240bhp high mileage report

Post by Micky 32 »

Bought my Passat 240 new in Feb 2017. It now has 180,000 miles on the clock.

Thought i would list any issues over those miles. I remapped the car to 290bhp when there was only 500 miles on the clock. I change the oil every 10k with VW’s branded longlife 507.00 0w 30w oil. I change the haldex oil every 30-35k. DSG oil every 40k

Firstly the car doesn’t use a drop of oil between services.

Parts i have replaced are the flywheel and the dsg clutch pack at 160,000 miles. I also replaced the fuel metering valve on the fuel pump. It was causing a high fuel rail pressure code. That’s it. The car runs as new and doesn’t seem to have lost any bhp over those miles. All the suspension ( shocks and bushings)are original too. No sign of any weepage from the shocks despite bumpy irish country back roads.

Alternator and starter are original despite 55,000 starts (according to vcds) start stop helping those high figures. It proves the starter is well able for start stop technology.

Only issues currently are passenger side speaker is rattling and the original AGM battery complains a bit in cold weather.
2017 Passat 240ps(288bhp) ;-)

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login