B8 Estate rear backrest remote cable part

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

silverfish
Passat model: B7, B8

B8 Estate rear backrest remote cable part

Post by silverfish »

I had to replace the latch mechanism for the offside rear backrest (fold-down switch). All good, but in doing so I lost a small part for the remote release (the cable actuated system where you can fold the backrests from the boot via levers on each side).

There are two bowden cables. One goes from the release lever in the boot to a compartment in the side of the backrest (you can see the cover if you fold the backrest down) and the other cable goes from this compartment to the latch mechanism at the top of the backrest (the one you'd use to fold the backrest from the rear seat).

The two bowden cables join in this compartment with a small rectangular metal coupler, described in the manual as either a "connector element" "connector piece" or "connector element block".

Well I only went and dropped it and it disappeared somewhere in the guts of the car :sad: I spent an hour trying to find it. Does anyone please know a part number or where I can find a replacement?

It's the bit labelled 4 in the second diagram...
Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 18.42.21.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 19.02.08.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login