High Mileage 2.0 R Line DSG - Buying Advice

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Flying_Squad

High Mileage 2.0 R Line DSG - Buying Advice

Post by Flying_Squad »

Hi all

First time poster here...

A bit of history/introduction; I used to own a 2004 MKV VW Golf 1.9TDI SE, which I heavily modified and upgraded in OEM style,using original parts, it was my pride and joy back in my younger years! I was a regular on the UKMKIV forum.

I'm currently driving a 2018 1.0TSI Skoda Octavia (unbelievable engine output considering the size of the car). It's a great daily commute and family car, however, sadly, it's on a PCH which is due to expire soon.

So I'm aiming to go back to my VW ownership days and on the lookout to purchase a used VW Passat estate, DSG, preferably in R-Line guise (purely because I like the aesthetics) no older than 2016/66 plate. My budget is circa £12k. Looking around, I can only see high mileage examples, one of which is as follows:

Volkswagen Passat (2016)
2.0 R LINE TDI BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY DSG

Mileage: 90,000

HPi Clear - 1 Professional Owner - Full VW Service History - 12 months MOT - 24 Months Warranty available + Stunning and rare specification Passat R-Line - HD Navigation system - Panroamic sunroof - Virtual Dash - Park Assist - Part Leather - Bluetooth with media streaming - Led lights - Automatic lights - Cruise control - Factory fitted privacy glass

Price: £12,500

My burning questions are...

Should I be worried about buying high mileage examples of the B8 Passat?

I intend on keeping the car until it has at least 170k on the clock, is this feasible? I've heard they have a shelf life of 150k on average, before bills start getting costly.

Does it seem like a fair deal?

Are there any things I should be aware of purchasing a used B8 with this sort of mileage?

Apologies if some of these questions seem mundane.

MTIA and kind regards.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login