Thought you might be interested

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

rphopkins
B1
Passat model: B8 GT

Thought you might be interested

Post by rphopkins »

My B8 GT 2.0 TDI 150 Estate MY65 has now covered just over 2000 miles. It's been in and out of the dealers workshop for many attempts to solve issues with trip data and time resetting every night along with many Sat Nav and general touchscreen/infotainment problems.

Last week it went in for what should be the 'Fix' to all problems. Other recently developed issues I asked to be looked at was engine vibration noise which occurs at low revs and the boot cover gets jammed on the middle position stop on the left runner.
The 'fix' broke my car, it now doesn't even start. All firmware/software and ECU coding attempts have failed. A new instrument cluster is now on order. The engine vibration is a known issue and pipe clips have or should be changed. Boot cover has been replaced.

The good news is I got a new courtesy A4 2.0 TDI S Line Estate after much protesting that the 1.0L polo wasn't really a suitable or fair replacement. I have to say it's very nice, but I find the infotainment controls hard work when comparing to using a touchscreen and I'm still to workout exactly how the mode, ok and reset button on the steering wheel navigate the clocks screen. Maybe it's me, but I do find VW's controls and displays more ergonomic. Also the boot is smaller!

For anyone interested in all the issues I've experienced here's a list

- All trip data is reset every night
- Time is reset every night causing it to be 20 minutes behind
- Touch Screen goes blank, but can still be touched and used but no display. Reset (press and hold volume) of screen clears this.
- DAB radio station list goes blank. Reset clears this.
- Navigation stops guiding. Stop route and start new route clears this
- Album art displays for 5 seconds then disappears
- Rear temperature doesn't display in the climate screen. If ignition is switch off then on again you see until the next time.
- During telephone calls the whole thing crashes, cuts the call and after some seconds reboots the screen
- Sat nav guidance keeps wanting to leave an A road or motor way to just use the island to then rejoin. Traffic is green and when it chooses seems random. I can't find any logic to it
- Constant Infotainment system is switch off messages/no nav SD card messages. Both cleared with a reset
- Collision system is over sensitive or seeing things that aren't a threat
- Engine vibration noise at low revs.
- Boot cover jams in runners making full retraction a pain

I would be interested to know how many of you have had some or all of the above issues and what fixed then. I'll keep you posted on my fixes.

Regards

Richard

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login