Best way of removing blood (not for the faint hearted btw)

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

little_geoff
B7
Passat model: B5.5

Best way of removing blood (not for the faint hearted btw)

Post by little_geoff »

Hi guys,
just wondering if anyone could suggest a good upholstery/Caret Cleaner as i have a "situation" that needs sorting.

To cut a long story short, I had to take my dad to the hospital over Christmas due to a nosebleed...a 2 HOUR nosebleed and it turns out he gets car sick if he's not driving....so we made it about 2 miles before he was sick in a bowl we brought. We called an Ambulance in the end to get him there, but had to drive him home my car after he was seen... you can guess what happened... :ymsick:

We did get some sick bowls from the hosipital but the last 2 miles of local roads did him in....so got about 1 and half pints of Blood/Vomit/Bile into the bowl he was holding....
....and then promptly passed out, dropping the contents onto himself, the seatbelt, passenger seat and front footwell....he's OK btw...just needs to lower his bloodpressure.

So anyways i did a quick mop up as soon as i got back, but i must have missed somebits....well i know i missed one bit- cos when i picked the Mrs up from the airport a few days later she asked what the stuff on the roof lining was... :hyst

and before anyone suggests it...i am not calling Direct Line... :-c

Anyways, clearly i havn't got all of it up, as after two weeks i still have a lovely odour...I don't have kids, but i am guessing something suitable for use with babies may work well....?

The car interior is black so spotting where it is is tricky...but it's definately somewhere.... :-s

So there you have it- a bit long winded but thought you'd all enjoy the tale. So yeah any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by little_geoff on Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 B5.5 1.9TDi 130 AWX

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login