Try this...

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

wingz123
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5 110 TDi

Try this...

Post by wingz123 »

I valet up a lot of cars and I need something good and priced well to clean up the wheels of all the brake dust and tar that gets stuck to them...

Yes I could use Bilberry Wheel Cleaner which is brilliant but not cost effective!

Bring on 'Treble X' from AutoSmart...I now swear by this stuff. Very little effort required...

1)So we start with a 200k+ mile wheel which has only ever probably gone through a car wash and pretty filthy with ingrained tar and brake dust stains. I had the pressure washer a cm away from the wheel and even that wasn't shifting it...

So I poured out some 'Treble X' (I use it neat though you can water it down very slightly but I don't) and with a smallish paint brush I paint it on to the alloy wheel and it dissolves the brake dust and tar there right in front of your eyes (turns a little yellow) - you don't leave it for long otherwise it'll stain as it is a corrosive.

It removes all the poo on the inside of the wheel very easily too

After one go I was left with this...

I pay £15 for 5 litres of this stuff through my trade account so if anyone wants any let me know and I'll grab some. Would need to find out about postage...

Drop me a PM - I though for £15 the amount you get its got to be worth a go!
UPDATE!! -I now have access to over 90 vans direct from one of the leading leasing companies - Just ask! - Relays,Sprinters,Caddy's,Transits etc.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login