A bit of detailing assistance please.

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

SG77
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport 4Motion

A bit of detailing assistance please.

Post by SG77 »

Seeing all these lovely prepared motors on here has inspired me to make mine look a little nicer if i can. I normally wash it about twice a year if its lucky I am not an expert at this cleaning stuff!!

So Two things;
The chrome trim around my windows and door trim, it's gone a little mottled with a white-ish swirl, I'm guessing this oxidization which I've read about, there is no rust at all just these white areas

I first bought the Autoglym metal polish, tried it and wasn't impressed with the results so swapped it for the Meguiar's metal polish and whilst seemed to be a touch better there is still some areas where it's not coming off, how can I get this like new?

Secondly, I bought some Meguiar's Quik Detailer Interior, I have three little 'darlings' who just love to get their shoes on everything. I use this stuff and whilst it's still damp it looks like its made it like new but then leavings minute or so whilst dries, it then begins to look dull again and some of the muck comes back!

How do I get this clean so no muck shows and keep the lustre finish as it is just before it dries

What definitely don't want is that greasy shine finish that you get in dodgy second hand car showrooms.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Spencer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login