Saab 900 convertable wash and hand polish

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dubplate Dan
still on the production line

Saab 900 convertable wash and hand polish

Post by dubplate Dan »

This Saab has been sitting iddle for 18months under a tree :shock: and was a right state, the owner is now selling it on ebay so wanted it washed and polished by hand just to lift it a bit.
this is what i was faced with :lol:

starting with a pre spray of neat Active xl over the whole car, while that was soaking i tackled the wheels ugly as they are :lol: with diluted Active xl as they werent that bad at all suprisingly :? all be it a little muddy but nothing to shout about, blew the arches out with the pressure washer and rinsed the wheels off.
now for the truely manky soft top, more neat active xl a vikan upholstry brush and the pressure washer,
bit of a scrub and this is what was coming out.

after nearly 2hrs scrubbing that roof and blasting it off re soaking patches that neaded it etc i finally managed to wash id with sour power and rinse it off, moved it undercover because it was starting to spit with rain :roll: then dryed it off.

i then hand polished it with Autosmart mirror image and dressed the tyres with Autosmart highstyle. i did advise that the roof would need some protection on it now as it had to be deep cleaned due to the state of it but he wanted it left as it was.

any comments or questions welcome :)

cheers
Dan

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login