Automatic tailgate question

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Whats23mm
still on the production line
Passat model: 06 2.0TDI B6 SE

Automatic tailgate question

Post by Whats23mm »

06 B6 SE Estate... Electric tailgate opens no problem(ish) from the keyfob, button on drivers door and button on the tailgate itself.

Recently I saw a youtube video of a B6 where the guy was opening AND CLOSING his tailgate... Mine doesn't close.

The motors do the right thing, but there is no positive physical connection between the bracket-thing that sticks out of the motor and the tailgate hinge itself.

It pushes on the hinge to open no problem, but when it come to closing, there is nothing there to pull the hinge down again - the motor bracket retracts and leaves the hinge where it was (in the open position).

Clearly, there's something missing... It seems odd that VW would build something with a 'metal on metal' contact point (between the motor bracket-thing and the hinge)... maybe it had a tailgate swap at some point and has the wrong hinges or something?

I've searched the interwebs for clues but come up with nothing so far. Lots of video of the tailgate operating, but not the detail of the hinge/motor connection. Can you help?

Here's some pics (click for larger):

<--- Closed

Open -->

Many thanks. :)
"I'm sorry, Dave... I'm afraid I can't do that."

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login