Third Time Lucky

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

quest63
B1
Passat model: B5

Third Time Lucky

Post by quest63 »

I recently bought my third B5.5 estate. I'm a dog walker and use them for work. After looking for a low mileage good example for ages for work reliability either as a second car or as a replacement car I bought a 54 plate Highline with 71k, 2 owners, and some service history including an unconfirmed cambelt change in 2017. It needs some jobs doing.

The thing is its just way too good for a dog wagon or at least as it is, so I thought I would get some advice of you guys please.

I'm either going to sell it for 2k as it is or I'm considering dressing it down and doing a px with someone who's looking for a great Leather trim and Highline wheels. How much are a great leather trim and Highline wheels worth please?

The jobs

Its dash temperature guage isn't working, I believe they have two senders one for the dash and one for the computer is this the most likely cause and does anyone have a photo or good description of where it is please?

The boot solenoid doesn't appear to work, when I got the car both fob batteries were flat and I used the key for the door and boot. Is there any chance its some kind of syncing problem or does it need a boot solenoid?

My other cars didn't have rear sensors but mine doesn't appear to work. I put it into reverse and hear a continuous tone, I reverse towards something but the tone doesn't change, I think it just actually stops at some point. How is it supposed to work please?

I also have an airbag fault on the dash but guess Ill have to wait for diagnosis for that.

Cheers in advance