Anyone remapped their passat b8? Looking for advice

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

smilie121
B5
Passat model: B8 GT DSG 230bhp

Anyone remapped their passat b8? Looking for advice

Post by smilie121 »

Anyone ??

I was set to remap with a mobile tuning guy who Avon Tuning recommended, Edinburgh based but will come to me near Loch Lomond. He had to cancel last minute which is a shame. Impatient as I am I decided to phone some folks in Glasgow and got some new information I didn't get before.

My intention was to map out the EGR aswell as the remap. Various places in the past as well as this guy I had booked all said I should get see 230 to 240bhp factoring in EGR removal (map).

But one place said he won't map out the EGR unless I agree to map out the DPF (no extra charge). It is because it will clog and I will be phoning him in a week and he doesn't want this. Not heard that before. If the EGR is closed off I would imagine more gunk would come through. I wanted to keep the adblue and DPF in place.

Also he said my car could have a manual EGR (vacuum) and an automatic EGR (ECU). If it does he needs to raise the engine to access & blank. The guy was Polish or eastern European so bit hard to understand but has a long history of good reviews on google, facebook etc with tons of video's showing his work. He seems to know his stuff from what I read.

His price was the same as the mobile guy at £275 but an extra £300 if he needs to lift the engine to access the 2nd EGR. He would not give me an appointment to remap unless he sees the car.

Sorry for long post, tried to shorten it.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login