Clonking noise from front suspension?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

Clonking noise from front suspension?

Post by alpenweiss2 »

I know this i a common question on here but I just cannot seem to get to the bottom of the clonking noise on our 1999 Wagon. Car is pretty well maintained and has had recent replacement parts in the suspension (one arm replaced last year...not sure which side as gargae didn't specify). We live in rual france so getting work done on the car is a nightmare. I took the car to a local gargae a week or so ago and told them there was a knocking on the drivers side front. They raised the car up and lifted the front drivers side wheel off the ramp. They got a crowbar and levered all the arms and also checked the ARB bushes. They couldn't find any issues?

When the ca is on a rough or gravelled road there is a noticeable clonking noise coming from that side of the car at the front? It is quiet on a smooth road and only clonks over rough sufaces or bumps. Is quiet when pullng away or braking?

Any thoughts as to the likely source if the ARB buses are okay and the arms are good?

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login