VCDS in Wiltshire anyone? Steering angle sensor

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Wolfie200
Passat model: B6 SPORT 2.0 TSI

VCDS in Wiltshire anyone? Steering angle sensor

Post by Wolfie200 »

Hello people
Recently replaced front and rear springs on my Passat with eibach proline, along with passenger side outer cv boot as this was split, battery went flat as it was off road for a few weeks. On starting the car back up I have the steering warning lamp permanently lit up, using mates snap on solus diagnostic tool I have the usual fault code 0778 steering angle sensor wrong adaptation however this code will not reset, we have gone through the calibration procedure several times, ie full lock one way then the other back straight move forward below 20 kph etc etc but light stays on, also tried carista app pro version but even though it says fault is reset the warning stays on. Steering wheel has not been disturbed only disconnected Left front abs sensor and moved steering to gain access to nuts and bolts. I think the steering angle sensor may need setting up with vcds properly.

Anyone in or near Wiltshire willing to help with VCDS please before I resort to a garage telling me I need a new steering rack or something ??

Many thanks

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login