Fitting a new battery

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mrderv
B4
Passat model: B8

Fitting a new battery

Post by mrderv »

Morning All

Colder temperatures seem to be taking a toll on my battery which is coming up to 5 years old. Starting the engine seems to be a struggle as it feels like it's about dead when the starter is cranking the engine. The engine fires into life, it's just that initial turning over when you think you might have to jump start it, then when it fires up, your bum relaxes and all is good with the world :hyst

I have my eyes on an Exide EK700 battery which seems to provide the best CCA capacity of all the others available for this battery type/size, but before i purchase one, does the B7 require programming to tell it there's a new battery installed? Or can you just swap it out without the faff? I had a BMW 320d that required programming to replace the battery, which was a pain in the bum to do. I'd hate to have to do the same with this :(
2017 Passat GT Estate DSG 2.0 TDI 150

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login