Airbag light on, advise needed.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lee1980wolves
B1
Passat model: B5

Airbag light on, advise needed.

Post by lee1980wolves »

My airbag light has always came on now and again since I got the car. It's probably been caused as I always had a leak in the passenger footwell but I fixed this months ago by unblocking the holes under the battery and now it stays dry in all weather. I can normally clear the light via the OBD reader and it won't come back for months but now it goes out for a minute or two at the most and then comes back on.
From what I've read on the forums, it could be the yellow connector under the passenger seat or the airbag sensor under the carpet below the passenger seat. I tried reconnecting the yellow connector, cleaning it and reconnecting but the issue still remains.
What should my next step be? From what I've read, I could try removing the seat and cutting the connector block off and reconnecting the wires or replacing the sensor below the carpet or something else?
The code it throws up is 01221.

This topic has 31 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login