my mk4 polo. (engines in)

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mini_dub
Car of the Year 2012
Passat model: B5.5 est

my mk4 polo. (engines in)

Post by mini_dub »

just thorught i would stick a bit up of what i get up to when iam not messing with the passat

this was my first vw which i brought a few years ago now and fell in love with it within minutes of owning it even tho it was silly slow

not long after i brought it i had done the usual coiovers, polished p-slots 6n2 rear lights and had my self a pritty cool ride
unfortunatly even tho it was mega slow i still managed to crash it :hyst
fortunatly due to the fact it was so low it was all cosmetic damage done and was fix for a wooping £80 drove it around for a few months multi coloured until the gearbox started playing up and making some weird noises it came off the road
i wasnt to sure what to do with is as it wasnt worth anything as it was so i decieded to turn it in to a small project
when i say small iam sure it has been off the road for about 4-5 years now :D

so theres a few pictures of what i have done body work wise smooth washer jets,jacking point arrows,seams under rear lights,badge and boot lock removed,top grills on front bumper and tow recess on the rear
next up it was on to paint
full high build primer
nice new coat of dragon green
that brings us up to a few weeks ago where i decided i was going to do an engine conversion :| i decided that 20vt even tho they are a great engine and seem to make easy decent power i wanted to do somthing different and went off and brought a 2.0ltr 16v ABF from a mk3 golf been spending a lot of time trimming cutting moddign to get it to fit and heres where iam up to
notch needed
notched
master cylinder inside the cam pully [-x

as iam sure you know the mounts from the polo were no good for the ABF so after a little thing i decided to mount it the same as the mk1 golf
these still needed to be welded

here a few other shots of how tight it now is that i have it fitted better just enough room

thats where iam up to today hopfully ill be welding the mounts in this week if i find the time then there is still alot of stuff to do to have it ready for me to smooth the bay and have the engine rebuilt

i will jusy add everything that has been done has been done by my hands no cheque book builds here :D

comments allways welcome

Chris
Last edited by mini_dub on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{()()]==AIR Car of the month October 2010, March 2012. Car of the year 2012 Image
My Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19734
my mk4 polo: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48182&p=372666#p372666

instagram: @mini_dub

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login