Passat B6 Saloon - R Line Side Skirt Trim Removal/Attachment

something you need to ask , technical help here.
dickzooma
Passat model: B6 TDI 16v 140

Passat B6 Saloon - R Line Side Skirt Trim Removal/Attachment

Post by dickzooma »

31.jpg
21.jpg
11.jpg
Hi Everyone,

I recentley had the joy of replacing most of my rear suspension components on a Passat B6 Saloon, and in Hindsight would not of attempted this without access to a 4 pillar hoist, as trying to manipulate parts and access bolts was a complete nightmare!!!

Anyhow as part of this process thought that it would be a good idea to remove the side sill skirt end caps to clear the crud that had accumulated over the past 12 years and in the process managed to break some of the fixings and had to epoxy a couple of the mounting points as per pics.

However, on closer inspection there doesn't seem an obvious way to reconnect these units as they slide in from the back and there is fixed cap at the rear that makes this impossible, so does anyone have any ideas of the best way to fit these, and should i have removed the rest of the skirt? I have bought some of the white plastic clips and rubber plugs that are missing from the pics.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login