Errors and then won't start!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

B18DUB
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Errors and then won't start!

Post by B18DUB »

Hi,

I have a 2010 Passat Highline Diesel (140) and had a very odd issue with it yesterday. Driving back from camping in Devon and after about half an hour all the gauges, stereo etc all went off. I pulled over and tried to restart and the guages then flickered on and off randomly for a few minutes. I managed to get going again and after a minute all the guages died again but the engine kept going, no power steering, lights etc.

After a couple of minutes everything came back on and I then got a brake fault, airbag fault, engine fault and the glow plug light was flashing too. The car seemed to drive ok so I pushed on carefully to get the car home.

Once I made it back I tirned off the car and then tried to restart it but it now turns over once and then gives up.

I checked for error codes but there are none stored at all..? I then checked the battery and the voltage seems to be around 11.5v so maybe alternator? The battery isnt that old so guess it isnt that? I will try to charge the battery in a bit and see if I can get it started to get over to my local garage.

Any ideas as to what it could be/what else to check?

Thanks in advance, i have had a search but couldnt find anything relevant so am a bit lost :S

Thanks, Steve

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login