Passat B6-Retrofit power tailgate

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Sledge
Passat model: B6

Passat B6-Retrofit power tailgate

Post by Sledge »

Hello,
I hope somebody can shed some light to see if this is normal behaviour or would need to see if I would need to something about it,recently I done power tailgate retrofit on my Passat B6 2006-2.0TDI Estate,got OEM motors,closer,hinge and done wiring myself,everything works since tailgate can be opened from the button inside the cabin,it can be opened on tailgate button and on the key fob,problem is when I go to raise the tailgate it goes smooth up,but when it goes down it doesnt go smooth,it goes like 50cm down then stop for a sec and then goes another 50 and stops again,and it goes little bit faster when closing down at the end,it does open and close fine,but I need help from some who done retrofit or who was Passat,to see if yours go down smooth and straight like in the newer cars,or it has close "level/steps" before it fully close down.I was expecting when I press the close button on the trunk that it will go right down.Thanks to all

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login