B6 2010 Underboost issue

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ncolli1981@gmail.com
Passat model: B6

B6 2010 Underboost issue

Post by ncolli1981@gmail.com »

Hi all, I really hope someone can help as I am getting really frustrated with this issue on my 2010 B6 highline.

So the fault is intermittent and obd scanning does not show any fault codes at all.

The car runs and drives well however 50% of the time when pulling away from stationary once I hit 2500rmp the turbo does not kick in and the car will not rev over 2500. If I lift off and put my foot back down the turbo kicks in and the car pulls as it should.

Sometimes if I hold it at 2500 I will get a knocking sound and white smoke from the exhaust.

So far I have replaced the MAF, n75, turbo actuator and egr. I have cleaned the throttle body, checked the vacuum system for leaks (there were none). Vacuum system is working as it should.

If I unplug the MAF the car runs fine and the fault is not present.

The only thing that seems to be wrong on inspection is some slight play on the turbo however I am loathed to shell out on a new or recon turbo when it is not clear that the unit is at fault.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login