Drivers side door

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dalo Harkin
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Drivers side door

Post by Dalo Harkin »

Right guys this has been annoying me for a long time now and I need to get it sorted coming to winter.

Most of the time now, I come to the drivers door after unlocking with the fob and the handle just feels like there is no resistance, I use the windows down on the fob and pull the inside handle and this works every time. The issue after doing this is that when you come to shut the door from the inside it bounces off the hinge and doesn't lock. To get around this, I have been pulling the door to close and using the lock button on the door to lock it on the latch (obviously not ideal for safety purposes in case of a crash etc) There is absolutely no water in the door, I checked just in case it was causing a short, wires look in good condition etc

It has had second hand drivers door modules fitted (ebay second hand) a locking mech fitted (ebay second hand) New window regulator fitted (unrelated issue to the window) the only thing I am thinking now is the cable.

I've read loads of posts online that just say to slam the door a few times but this only works maybe one in five times of trying and resulted in the said new lock mech being fitted as the pin broke somewhere I was told :mad:

I am honestly at my wits end, I considered getting a whole new door in the same colour off ebay but there is nothing about. If anyone has any ideas that would be appreciated.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login