Starting issue 2011 Passat CC DSG

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DuFFmAN
B1

Starting issue 2011 Passat CC DSG

Post by DuFFmAN »

Hi all. Hope someone can help me.

I have a 2011 Passat CC TDI DSG with 70k on the clock. Purchased only very recently and discovering gremlins here and there.

I seem to have a starting issue which is difficult to explain but here goes.

Firstly, when I start the car, the whole process feels "violent" when you press the key. The engine turns and as it starts, the car shakes violently. When started however, the car runs fine with no issues.

This is now getting worse where the car fails to start and takes 2 or 3 goes before it eventually starts. I'm going to take it to a garage next week but thought I would pick your brains here.

Other notes: if I put my foot in the accelerator whilst starting, seems to help the situation but this could be a placebo as I'm sure the throttle on modern start procedures is all done by the electronics.

There doesn't seem to be a difference off it being a hot or cold start.

I don't know if the violent start and the non start is related. I've had the car a month. The violent start had always been there but clearly I didn't test drive it well. The start issue was noticed about 2-3 weeks ago. Initially, I thought that I was letting go of the key too early so started to press and hold and it appeared to work (although still violently).

Any help appreciated.
Passat CC TDI GT DSG 170 [metallic silver leaf] ;)