B6 P2005 Error - Plastic Manifold

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

TomIreB8Passat
Passat model: B8

B6 P2005 Error - Plastic Manifold

Post by TomIreB8Passat »

Hi all,

I have a B6 RLine wagon with a CBAB engine.

I have a P2005 code for some time.

Its for the manifold actuator that is over-travelling due to wear on the ball joint coupling.

There is a fix for it using a DieselGeeks aluminium bracket that stops the actuator over traveling, essentially acting as a dead stop. Thing is i cant for the life of me install it without taking of the inlet manifold.

The US passat had a metal manifold and the actuator was mounted forward facing, where the retaining bolta could be accessed and the whole instal would take all of 10minutes, (including the 5minutes to find the T20 that you just left down a second ago and cant find).

The euro passat has a plastic inlet manifold on the CBAB and the genius’ at VW mounted the actuator rear facing so the retaining bolts are not accessible .

Im looking for a solution that does NOT involve removing the inlet manifold. Time is something i just dont have to be removing and reinstalling the whole IM, injector pipes, egr etc etc....

Anyone found an easy way?

Thanks

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login