Clutch pedal sticking

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dentist69
B3
Passat model: B6

Clutch pedal sticking

Post by dentist69 »

This problem i am aware is usually down to either the clutch master or slave cylinders leaking.

However i have come on here as i am wondering if anyone has had similar problem to mine, whereby there is no evidence of leakage and brake fluid is full/to max level!

It started happening soon after having the gearbox off when replacing the crankshaft oil seal, yes i put in a new clutch too however did not replace the slave, which is located on my vehicle on the inside of the bell housing. And so if changing the slave would mean box out again, something i don't want to do.

No evidence of leakage anywhere around the bottom of the box, bone dry! Have looked behind the pedal and jacked up the car and looked under where the master is located in the engine bay and under the box, all bone dry and also as said earlier the brake fluid is maxed!

It only happens during motorway speeds for longer than an hour or two, then when engaging clutch to shift down gears when slowing the biting point hits the floor and the pedal sticks from time to time, lifting it up again with my foot works. Pottering around town, constantly changing gears etc the car drives as it should.
YOU KNOW WHEN YOU START SOMETHING

THEN IT BECOMES FRUSTRATING AND EXPENSIVE

AND YOU JUST WANT TO GET TO THE END ! ! !

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login