how to drain water from boot

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Imran
B5.5
Passat model: B8 BiTDI 4mo

how to drain water from boot

Post by Imran »

Hi all

Was driving to cinema and kids at the back said they could hear water sloshing around, and after a while I heard it as well, so got home, removed the sides trim and both pipes leaving down from the small holes at the top next to boot hinges were knackered, one had perished and wasn't even going
to the exit hole and was just dangling and was leaking straight into the boot and the other was blocked up. So replacement pipes and cover things (at the top of the boot hinge) have been replaced and no leaks any more, I've been in the boot with kids spraying the car and double checked so all good

So here's there rub, how do I get the water that is in the boot out???? I can't lift up the black plastic thing that the spare wheel sits into, see pic, it almost like its glued down from the sides, all other side trim I can remove but can't see anyway of getting to the water. Are there are drain holes underneath the car that I should be looking at and not be looking inside the boot? Its not the annoying sound of water sloshing rounds its the damage it could do i.e. rust or damage to wiring that's bugging me like crazy. Car is a saloon. Any help is appreciated.

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/12 ... 0-full.jpg

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login