Issue with front end wiring

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jimelle

Issue with front end wiring

Post by jimelle »

Hi all,

I recently had a minor bump in my 2010 B6 Passat estate. The car was taken away by the insurers for assessment but, to my surprise, was deemed uneconomical to repair. I retained the vehicle rather than accepting the salvage offer, with the intention of putting the minor defects right (new offside wing, washer bottle and driver's side indicator).

Unfortunately the car was returned in a worse state than it was taken. The bumper was totally removed (sliced off) and the plug for the passenger side indicator was missing (wires cut). I have sourced a relacement but just a bit further along the wiring loom, which runs along the front bumper area, two more wires appear to have been cut. I have no idea what they would have attched to. My car does not have motion sensors, fog lights, etc so I cannot fathom what they are from. The wires are coloured yellow/brown and blue brown. Looking behind the bumper foam, I can see where somthing may have been recently attached. I cannot help thinking that somebody has helped themselves to some parts!

Looking for any assistance as to what these wire connect to. I have attempted to attach photos but the I get a message saying the file is too large.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login