2.0 TDI BMR shuddering

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Big_GT
Passat model: B6

2.0 TDI BMR shuddering

Post by Big_GT »

Hello, looking to pick some brains.

I saved a 2.0 TDI 170 PD from scrap and have been gradually repairing things, now the car had already had a dpf delete and remap etc although I didn’t know this but my question is when cruising at motorway speeds and you put the foot down in 4th - 6th the engine shudders and sometimes when when giving it the beans up through the gears it kangaroos.

I have done the following :

Metal inlet as swirl flap system was not working and had usual wear, new genuine in tank lift pump, the balance shaft changed - not due to failure but due to my own paranoia and was a good thing too as the signs of wear were there, boost pipes all’s good, egr clean and operating, new fuel filter housing and filter, it’s had the injector recall done, vnt vaines are clear and moving, specified boost is being met and no over or under boost faults, engine is quiet and there is no visible smoke from exhaust, no rattling dmf and gears are fine, driveshafts are good also. New Bosch Maf made no difference. Not a single fault code and injectors are showing 0 0 0 0 so no faults there. Timing belt was done few months ago and torsion value is -0.7 fuel economy is good 600 miles to a tank without much effort, yet it still shudders and kangaroos when I try to use the full power.

Any ideas ? Attached is graph showing boost being reached * yellow line * and grey line is the charge control valve - green is specified boost.
205659A0-C167-4CA4-9131-4FD30AA75181.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2.0 TDI PD 170 Estate ~x(

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login