P0299 - Boost pressure regulation control range no reached

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

TRW88
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport

P0299 - Boost pressure regulation control range no reached

Post by TRW88 »

Hi all,

I’ve recently had a reconditioned turbo fitted by my independent garage, mine was like a police siren and was well on its way out - 117k miles on the original.

After the turbo change I picked the car up and got straight on the motorway, after about 40mins I get the flashing glow plug with ‘Engine Fault Garage’ warning.

Back to the garage and I’ve got the P0299 fault. ‘Boost pressure regulation control range no reached P0299 short with power - intermittent’. It’s also clear that the turbo is kicking significantly later than before, now no power until 2900rpm then it all the power comes on at once, I don’t believe it’s limp mode but could be wrong?

The warning light goes off after I restart the car, but I’ve been able to replicate it, 70mph in 6th, floor it to 80mph and bing, flashing glow plug and engine fault message.

I’m not very mechanically minded, but so far my garage has checked the vacuum of the turbo and actuator which were all ok, and changed the N75, with no change in symptoms. Lots of blue smoke coming out at idle too.

Car had DPF/EGR delete and remap by a previous owner (which I was unaware of at the time of purchase 3 years ago) if that helps with diagnosis at all?

I’ve got 2 weeks to get it sorted before I start a new job, so any/all help is appreciated.

Cheers
B6 Saloon Sport - BMR - 207bhp/339lbs - Eibach Pro Kit

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login