EPB Issues

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

spardha
Passat model: B6 Estate

EPB Issues

Post by spardha »

Hi,

So my 2006 Passat TDi Estate, electronic parking brake failed while I was at work and wouldn't release the drivers side rear wheel. Not being an expert I called the RAC as I have cover, they came out and the mechanic said it'll be the servo motor which he could remove to get me home.
I agreed and he did so in about 20mins once the wheel was up and off. Unbeknownst to me and, I've only found out since searching for the replacement and fitting etc. you have to connect vag-com/vcds and disengage the motor before removal.. the mechanic didn't do this. Since then there has been a handbrake warning and audible warning when driving.

I have fitted the new motor that I got from ebay, to the caliper all went ok. I tried to follow the guide on the vcds wiki
[youtube]https://youtu.be/cHJMI4QkSy8[/youtube]

But im getting the below issue in VCDS, I've connected the motor to 12 v supply and it spins in either direction. I also had the motor spinning connected to the harness but not on the caliper. I don't understand why its not working when on the caliper. I admit I bought the cheaper option. but could that be the issue or the wiring harness?
Please Login or Register to see this code