P0299 turbo underboost

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

daz_j
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

P0299 turbo underboost

Post by daz_j »

Hi all, my 1st time posting on here, but have read some useful advice in the past so hoping someone can help with this please.

I have a 2008 B6 estate CBAB engine 2.0 TDi 140PS, I’m getting the P0299 turbo underboost fault code. The engine runs normally just after start-up but then quickly backs off to about 75% power, the engine warning light is permanently on. It’s still driveable like this going steady, but just when I need more power (overtaking, steep hills) the glow plug warning light pings on and power drops away further. My local garage have checked things out and concluded "possible turbo fault" - I'm no expert but had kind of sussed that out already! They recommended new turbo required.

I’ve read the advice on here and am tempted to have a go at cleaning the turbo in-situ using the Mr Muscle or similar method. I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for the definitive instructions to do this please.

Cheers,
Daz.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login