HELP Installing Foglights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

markkernaghan66
still on the production line

HELP Installing Foglights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Post by markkernaghan66 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 am

Hi all,
Looking to install fog lights and drls into my 07 passat se. Would anyone have a recommended product that would suit this purpose and have any advice for fitting?

Also the interior lights switch does not have a front fog light option, how would i solve this?

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DMitch16
B7
Passat model: B6 Sport 170 DSG

Re: HELP Installing Foglights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Post by DMitch16 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:06 pm

markkernaghan66 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 am
Hi all,
Looking to install fog lights and drls into my 07 passat se. Would anyone have a recommended product that would suit this purpose and have any advice for fitting?

Also the interior lights switch does not have a front fog light option, how would i solve this?

Thank you!

New switch needed with the dual fog option. Presumably your car did not come with them from factory and you will be replacing the plastic bumper inserts to display your new front fogs. Some wiring necessary if not present. The standard fogs can be made into DRLs as I have done by changing the coding with VCDS but I have a feeling you'll be wanting LED ones? Nizzex did a sweep installation a while back and several on here have added fogs or standard LED DRLs. I really like the switching indicator / DRL units but have not got around to it yet. There should be some posts on this subject if you search the forum.
Mad Mitch
B6 2007 2.0 Tdi 170 Sport DSG, BMR Engine, Phone Kit, Alarm chirps, Fogs as DRLs, Rain Auto Closure + VCDS MicroCAN, Double Oil Pump Drive Failure! Still Going 200K Club

markkernaghan66

Post by markkernaghan66 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:37 pm

Thank you.

passatsel230
Passat model: B6

Post by passatsel230 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:26 pm

I fitted front fog lights to ours and it was a bit of a pain to start with (as is anything the first time). I went about it the wrong way, I should have just bought a full kit to start with.

I bought lights and covers, then a switch, then a wiring kit then a connector . I thought I was doing it on the cheap but it worked out costing more than just buying it all together at the start.

Worst part of it was paying a fiver from the dealers for a bit of wire with two connectors on to connect to the headlight switch.

If you do it don't hesitate to ask, ask, ask.
Have you been mis-sold TDi.