2 Issues? Pulsing whirring from front left wheel at 60+mph AND alternator whine.

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

markkernaghan66
still on the production line

2 Issues? Pulsing whirring from front left wheel at 60+mph AND alternator whine.

Post by markkernaghan66 »

Hi folks, VW noob here.

Assuming the first is wheel bearing. Car was sitting for a while, only 10k miles from 2007 new. How could a bearing be worn?

2nd issue, the alternator whines in correlation with acceleration. Kind of high pitched, pretty audible but not ridiculously loud. Never had a VW or 2.0l car before so not sure if its normal or if its a warning sign. Engine is 2.0l FSI petrol, passat b6 2007.

Besides these issues, is there anything else that I may need to be cautious of due to the car being stationary for a year or so and then prior to that driven only 500ish miles a year? Car was serviced every year so hopefully no issues there.

Bit of smell from non AC air, AC doesnt smell. Smells stale. Not sure if cabin filter has been molded up, as interior was a little moldy.

AC makes little hissing sounds, not sure if normal. Sounds like venting air.

Steering wheel is not quite centred when going straight. Wheel alignment or balance?

Also, obvs a car needs good service regularly, but is there more preventative maintenance I can do beyond filters and oil? Say suspension/chassis related things? Especially as the car was sitting, any big worries?

Any advice/guidance appreciated. Thank you. Sorry for lack of knowledge. I'm willing to learn.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login