New Member & Introduction to me and my Passat

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mluton
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

New Member & Introduction to me and my Passat

Post by mluton »

Just thought I'd say hello again and introduce myself and my Passat. I'm Matt, 29, IT Support Engineer from Halesowen, Love fiddling with my cars, to a certain level. I drive a 2008 161k B6 Passat TDI 140bhp Estate Highline, Still dont''t know what engine code it is yet, very confusing trying to find out, maybe you could all help?

Its been a superb motor for the last 3 years, Nothing major going wrong. Just the MOT fixes, a fuel pump and a small metal eBay thing sorting the P2015 error. Bought it off my dad, he had it from new as a company car and bought it off the lease company when he retired, eventually buying a B7. So I bought it for the trade price offer of £1500 with 105k on it. Bargain for me. Very looked after car mechanically by the lease company and my dad. Bodywise it isn't perfect as its had 3 people hit my dad and repaired and 1 person hit me, had the cash instead of a repair, luckily now i see it as if its mechanically OK, I'm happy.

Now its only the past 1500 miles in the last month that its developed the dreaded siren turbo noise after I changed the oil and popped up with P2196 error. Not smoking yet.

Today i ran some turbo cleaner though it and even though the noise is still present, the response has improved alot. Very small play left / right and forward / backwards, but defiantly from the turbo and it was louder with turbo pipe off and I could pin point the location it was coming from. I think its time to replace the turbo, locally been quoted £550 & £640 fitted for a recon, does this seem good ?

I've bought a new O2 sensor and socket which should be with me tomorrow and I'll get that fitted next weekend, might be related to turbo issues, but hit the o2 sensor life limit, so needs doing anyway. EGR Valve gasket also bought as I might as well give that a clean.

So hello again, look forward to getting involved with the forum.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login