2009 B6 TDI CR engine MIL light on

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Louis Winthorpe III
Passat model: B6

2009 B6 TDI CR engine MIL light on

Post by Louis Winthorpe III »

Hi all,

Just bought a 2009 estate B6 2.0 TDI-CR Highline manual with 160k on it from my friend. I got it for a good price knowing that there is the yellow engine fault light on.

My friend has had it 6 years and put over 30k miles on it. The engine light has been mentioned a couple of MOTs ago. My friend has had it cleared a couple of times and described the problem as a surge/hiccup when he was driving, then the engine light came on. I think this has happened a few times now but he has been driving it regardless. :???:

Another friend has heard of this before, something to do with the turbo sensor over/under sensing the air coming in (sorry, can't remember the exact technical words he used). First Passat, having had multiple Golfs (Mk2/3/4/6).

Is it worth me buying a Bluedriver type fault code reader so I can have a bit more info on what is wrong with the car? Only thing is, if I have the info, what will I do with it as if it's a big problem then I think I will move the car on.

I'm not going to be able to drive the car until May time due to insurance issues, so was thinking the Bluedriver type diagnosis in the meantime would help me decide if the car was going to be a keeper or not.

Any suggestions gratefully received! :-c

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login