Replacement Sterio Radio with Sat Nav, Blue Tooth, reversing camera etc

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

tex
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Replacement Sterio Radio with Sat Nav, Blue Tooth, reversing camera etc

Post by tex »

Hi everybody,
I 'm brand new to this so if I make any mistakes I apologise now!
I've got a 2.00 litre 2008 B6 VW Passat tdi auto Highline Estate and the sterio radio with sat nav and reversing camera has just gone blank on me. I'm not much on car mechanics unfortunately so I had a friend remove the radio and check it for me. He said there was power getting to the radio (so it wasn't a fuse) but it was still not responding.
My question is......as a VW replacement radio costs a fortune even second hand (cheapest I can find at the moment is £428.00) can I buy from Ebay (costs about £120.00) a NON VW replacement radio with the same features (sat nav and reversing camera etc etc) I had.....and can it be successfully built in so everything works? It looks very similar, but I have today been told by a mechanic friend of mine that the reversing camera from the NON VW radio will have to be built in and replace the VW one already built in. Is that correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Terry

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login