PLUMES of White Smoke with P0299 & P0402

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chizzle3110
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

PLUMES of White Smoke with P0299 & P0402

Post by chizzle3110 »

Hi Guys

B6 Passat 2006 2.0 TDI SG6 ENG Code BKP

Good Afternoon Gents, been a good few months without incident...... until this morning

Travelling down the A19, 70mph, put my foot down to overtake and I heard a very quiet crack/bang from the engine followed by a significant loss of power. I assumed limp mode had kicked in so planned to pull over and the next layby as turning the engine off and on normaly gets rid off.

BUT as I was coming up to the layby PLUMES OF WHITE SMOKE, I mean covering the whole of the dual carriageway came pouring from the exhaust. I only just managed to make it to the layby (was up hill so lost most of my momentum). Got out and it smelt burnt, even with the engine off smoke was still slowly coming out of the exhaust.

Called green flag who took me home and pulled the codes P0299 & P0402 from the computer.

There are no major rattles our sounds coming from the engine/ no leaks that I can see (so far, will check tomorrow)

Please can you guys advise on what/where to look to identify what could be the cause of the problem.

As always any help you guys can provide would be awesome

Thanks Craig

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login