BKP underboost

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

scouse
B2
Passat model: b6

BKP underboost

Post by scouse »

Hi people ive got a little problem with my car 07 2.0 tdi bkp
Its throwing a p0299 underboost code (not vcds)

sluggish as hell with a flat spot about 2100-2300 revs once you get past that it starts to accelerate ok ish and gets upto 17psi which is still around 5psi lower than what I remember getting,

if you play with the throttle between 2100-2300 ish you can make the car misfire or overfuel as it smokes heavily and looks blue.

As soon as you cruise in 6th at 70 and put your foot down it throws the flashing glow plug light which clears when you reset the ignition and once again no limp mode.
After having a look around today under the bonett the only thing i can see is on the intake trunk after the air flow meter where it cencertinas a clip has rubbed a hole on the intke would that cause a problem as its unmetered air being introduced after the afm ?.

Also cant see my inlet servo actuator moving when you rev it but it has got vacuum?

Then lastly if you rev it hard it will rev but when the revs come down you can hear a hissshhhhh
(closed throttle) like a build up of pressure being leaked off,, thats from aroun the front of the engine near egr delete but could be deep down

Anybody had these symptoms on here if so any help apreciated

320000 + Miles,,, 2.0tdi BKP, Fitted with a KMB Balance shaft @ around 127k,,

Keep on smoking :mrgreen:
Now scrapped RIP

2019 Octavia estate 1.6td se tech

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login