EGR / THROTTLE

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

markthelark
Passat model: B6

EGR / THROTTLE

Post by markthelark »

Hi All ,
My name is Mark and live in Gloucestershire. Bought a B6 140 TDi BKP Estate in Feb this year. My last VW was a Polo Coupe about 15 years ago , and a Beetle around 35 years ago.
Looking forward on contributing any knowledge I may have.

Sorry , not searched the forum on the following .

The problem I have at the moment is ;

Intermittent hesitation/misfire between 1600/1900 rpm. Then a few days ago my son left the interior light on , flat battery in the morning , jumped it and started ok. Have since replaced the battery. The drive home ( we had left it at a wedding venue ) , my wife said below 3000 rpm it was like a Kangaroo ! The EGR was making a high pitched sound , even with ignition off. Disconnected the EGR , drove perfect. When I switched off engine I noticed the noise was still there ! Disconnected the Throttle , noise stopped. If either are connected they make the same noise. I suspected a wiring fault , and when checking the fuse box in engine bay notice the Ignition relay was very warm. Unplugged relay , noise's stopped. Will strip loom tomorrow if I get a chance . If anyone has had this problem , or could point me in the right direction , I would be most grateful , my wife more so as she has to use my old faithful Toyota van with 230,000 !

Many thanks

Marky

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login