R36... BOOM

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

MattBlake2
Passat model: B6

R36... BOOM

Post by MattBlake2 »

Hi guys,

New to the forum so a big hello first of all 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

I need some advice about my R36..

Im currently living in Saudi Arabia for work and have been for the last 14months. I purchased an R36 about 3 months ago and it has been running well. Within the last week or so it has decided to not like starting and it also comes on the dash as coolant low. I always check the coolant and oil levels which have been good/normal, although when I open the expansion tank it usually kind of re-fills. (I've got to open when the engine is kind of warm as its currently around 45 degrees C here so it doesn't cool down quickly). I've opened it first thing in the morning on Tuesday and the level was on minimum. So of course I topped it.

Yesterday, I drove home from work (pretty quickly as is usual in Saudi Arabia 😂) and parked it in my space in the underground car park. around 15 mins later after a shower I went back to the car and tried to start it. of course waiting for the 5 'bleeps' to pass before firing it ip as I always do. It had one spin of the motor and BOOM!!! smoke was pouring from under the bonnet and about 5 of the maintenance guys from the compound ran to help haha! I opened the bonnet and the inlet manifold has cracked thats where the smoke was coming from. anyone got any ideas of the problem?

any info/advice will be appreciated
Thanks in advance, Matt

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login