SINGLE MASS FLYWHEEL KIT

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

scouse
B2
Passat model: b6

SINGLE MASS FLYWHEEL KIT

Post by scouse »

Just thought i'd share my thoughts for anybody who is contemplating the decision to fit a single mass flywheel + clutch kit on a 2.0bkp engine.

My clutch and flywheel was well and truly shot so much so it killed the teeth on the starter motor, because I left it so long, being a skin flint :D (getting my moneys worth) that's taxi drivers for you.

Anyway I bought a complete kit from techniclutch of ebay, I've had my previous clutch from them a dual mass sachs kit.
money was very tight and I really couldn't afford a dual mass so put a offer in ebay for £162 for the whole kit
I got my friend to fit it, I was worried as i've heard a lot of bad news about conversions sounding loud as a knackered one.

Got the car back with its new starter and single mass kit and all i will say is its quiet as anything good feel on the pedal, smooth effortless gear changes.

i know some will have had a bad experience with smf kits but thought id share my thoughts as i didnt see enough about succesfull conversions, fingers crossed.

This is the link to the kit i had fitted in case anybody's interested.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PASSAT-2- ... 2749.l2649

320000 + Miles,,, 2.0tdi BKP, Fitted with a KMB Balance shaft @ around 127k,,

Keep on smoking :mrgreen:
Now scrapped RIP

2019 Octavia estate 1.6td se tech

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login