Warning Lights depsite new inlet manifold and EGR valve

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jonathan48
Passat model: b6

Warning Lights depsite new inlet manifold and EGR valve

Post by jonathan48 »

Hi,

fist post, but I've been reading the forum for a while. I have a 2009 Passat 2.0 TDI Highline estate. It has done 151,000k. I bought it in January and have only done 1500 miles since then. When I bought the car it had a very comprehensice service history, well looked after. But a week after owning it I had warning lights - flashing yellow coil and lit engine management light. Took it back to the garage and codes said it was stuck inlet manifold valve and EGR valve. I had these both replaced.

But yesterday, and today these lights have come back on. But strangley I have also had a "CD ERROR" message briefly display on the radio screen when I turn it on - despite no CD being inserted, and a buzzing noise behind the radio unit that last for 5 seconds or so. Also on one occasion yesterday the radio turned itself on when I unlocked the car and opened the drivers door.

I'm taking it to the garage tomorrow so they can plug a code reader in. It seems highly unlikely that there is an inlet manifold / EGR valve issue (God forbid the garage has charged me but not fitted new parts but cleaned the old ones - looked new when I checked and I have a receipt)

So, forewarned is forearmed as they say, any Ideas?

thanks

Jonathan

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login